woensdag 28 september 2011

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

#1 of the caster chronicles.
categories: young-adult, fantasy, witches, romance
first tought: wow, the cover is awesome! have to read!!

This book is about Ethan. He is just a normal boy from a normal village in America, the kind of village you are born in and you die in. The kind of village you never leave, and the kind of village where everyone knows everyone and new people aren't tolerated. And that is what happens when a new girl, Lena, moves to the village. She is different, different from everyone living in the village. She is goth, and wears a strange necklace. But Ethan does not think of her as a stranger, he feels like he knows her, he has had dreams of her, and he is almost certain that she knows, too. Later he finds out she knows. He also finds out she is a Caster, a kind of Witch. She will be claimed on her 16th birthday, when her fate will be chosen for her. good or bad, Reece or Ridley. And, most important, love Ethan or forget about him? They search for a way to stop the curse, and find a locket that gives them visions about a past in which their ancestors lived. (totally the vampire diaries...) Meanwhile the villagers will start to hate Lena even more, and their fear for her uncle, Macon Ravenwood, will stay the same. That's because he never leaves house, and only rumours are what they know about him. And some people may not be what they always seemed to be. Lena and Ethan go through lots of stuff, while her birthday is still approaching...

my opinion:
this was totally amazing, I read the whole book, 568 pages or something, in 2 days, which is even for me very fast, since english is not my origin language. I like that the book is written by 2 women, but the main character is male, but they still made him interesting, and a good character. Maybe even one of the best characters I've lately been reading about. That's why I immediately after posting this message will start reading #2 of the series, Beautiful Darkness!
Also I love the topic of this book, history coming to the present, people not being who they seem to be, witches and, most of all, the part about fate.
Tough I love Ethan, I think the best character of the book is Lena Duchannes, which is strange because she is not the one you can read the toughts of. She seems very interesting, loving to read and a wannabe writer. I want to be like her, and have a room which 'wrote itself' that would be totally amazing!

So that's why this book will get a 9.2 out of 10!

xxx M

btw: wow my second blog post in half a hour, and you know why? Because I had the time for it
btw2: off for an exchange with Poland next week :3 so no blog posts, or only really short ones I post via my phone, if they have wifi xD

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten