zondag 11 september 2011

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

The Mortal Instruments #1

The book is about Clary (no, she's not another stupid, selfish girl like Lucinda Price or Bella Swan!) (no, I don't hate twilight!!!) She's just a normal girl, until she meets 3 shadowhunters during a party. She can see them, which should be impossibe for Mundanes. Then her mother is abducted, and her house destroyed. She nearly gets killed. Clary is taken to the institute, where the shadowhunters live. She gets to know about them, and falls in love whit Jace, with which Simon isn't very happy. Jace behaves arrogant all the time, but still Clary keeps on loving him. Meanwhile they are searching for the Mortal Cup, which is the only thing you can create new shadowhunters with. They find out valentine (an evil shadowhunter) is looking for it, and they want to have it first. Clary finds out that her mom hid the cup in a tarot card. Also, she finds out more about her past, she's valentine's daughter!! The cup is found, and she and Jace kiss, but they can't be together, since they find out Jace is Valentine's son, and he and Clary are brother and sister. Clary's mother is still asleep by the end of the book, and valentine has got the cup...

My opinion:
I LOVE THIS BOOK! (and sorry if I put parts of #2 in my summary, I read the whole series in 2 days, so I can't keep them apart) The things that are stupid about this book is: they are brother and sister. That's just stupid. Also, their father is evil, which makes it even more impossible... But still, it does add something to the book. I loved the character of Simon. He's just awesome :D I just love love LOVE Jace, and I fell in love with him while reading the book(s). If I really knew him, I'd really love him, I guess. He's just the perfect boy (or at least he seems perfect to me) I also really like the relation between Magnus Bane and Alec, they seem so cute together, and also so different, so impossible.

Sorry for the so-bad summary, but I'm just not very good at summarising books...

I rate this book:
9.3 / 10
(sorry just love the number 9.3, and I'm saving the even higher marks for the perfect book I still haven't found)

xxx Margot

ps: If you know some books I should give my opinion about, tell me
pss: MAYBE THERE'S GONNA BE A THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS MOVIE :D

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten